Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hillary Clinton Asked About Idol's Sanjaya

You can file this one under "The Ridiculous Note of the Day." I saw this headline on Drudge Report and I just couldn't resist. "Clinton Asked About IDOL's Sanjaya." Yes, while touring New Hampshire looking for votes in the state's Democratic Primary, what were the voters worried about the most? The war in Iraq? Conflicts with Iran? Higher gasoline prices? How about health care, or immigration, or education? According to the Associated Press, the answer is none of the above.

During a radio call-in on WOKQ-FM, the New York senator was asked what the United States can do about Sanjaya Malakar, the television show's underdog candidate who critics say lacks any shred of talent.

"That's the best question I've been asked in a long time," Clinton said. "Well, you know, people can vote for whomever they want. That's true in my election, and its true on 'American Idol.'"

I'm thinking this is not the best way to garner support by endorsing people to vote for Sanjaya. I'm thinking if Barack Obama or John Edwards come out against Sanjaya sometime this week, they'll get a 5, 6 point bump in the polls.

Add To: Digg! Reddit Del.Icio.Us Stumble

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long live Sanjaya! hehe.

Scott Warheit said...

I don't watch American Idol (one of the few shows I don't as it turns out) but at some point the show loses credibility by having someone who isn't good continue on this long doesn't it?

My only thoughts are that either A) American Idol had no credibility to begin with or B) He's not as bad as everyone claims he is.

-Scott

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks