Monday, April 23, 2007

Boris Yeltsin Passes Away

Former Russian President Boris Yeltsin died today at the age of 76, and while there are plenty of places to go read about his life and experience and all of his accomplishments (MSNBC has a great compilation of stories if you are looking for more information like that) I don't have much to say about his death. Not being a student of Russian history, I don't feel I have much to add to the conversation. But, what I can add, is some humor to lighten the mood for those feeling down after President Yeltsin's death. So, at the risk of being insensitive, here are the Top 3 YouTube videos featuring Boris Yeltsin.
3. Yeltsin Throws Young Girl In Ocean:


2. Yeltsin Shares a Laugh with Bill Clinton:

And perhaps the most famous clip of all, 1. Yeltsin Dances:

Add To: Digg! Reddit Del.Icio.Us Stumble

3 comments:

Kurt Hunt said...

This is a great collection of clips, thanks! What exactly is the context of him throwing that girl into the water?

Also: at least he dances better than M.C. Rove.

Scott Warheit said...

No problem, I thought they were really funny. I wish I knew the context for throwing the girl into the water, but I don't. Looked like he got a little exuberant during a sight-seeing trip, but I'm not sure.

-Scott

Kurt Hunt said...

The student senate should sponsor a law professor dunktank during finals. It would be a good stress reliever.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks