Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Detroit Lions...

...Wow, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I won't even go into the guts of this latest defeat, because I skipped the game despite my season tickets to attend a review session for one of last exams ever as a law student or any other kind of student, and my attempt to DVR the game failed, but seeing what happened today, I think somebody was doing me a favor. Jason Hanson missing a crucial field goal? The defense stopping the Cowboys from scoring on the one-yard line only to see the offense fail to run out the clock and then the defense lets the Cowboys march right down the field. At this point, losing the rest of our games will get us a better draft pick, so 6-10 after a 6-2 start seems, well, likely. I can't see winning at San Diego next week, and certainly not at Green Bay the last week of the season, so at this point, why win the Kansas City game in two weeks?

Amazing too, because 6-10 at the start of the year may have been somewhat acceptable. Not great, but acceptable. Now, it's a disaster. At least we ran the ball today.

What to do for next season? More talent, especially on defense and the offensive line, will help, as will a fully healthy Kevin Jones and Calvin Johnson having more experience in the offense. But, wow, there is a long, long way to go.

As my buddy Atanna told me today, The Detroit Lions, snatching defeat out the jaws of victory since 1957.

Add To: Digg! Reddit Del.Icio.Us Stumble

0 comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks